Friday, May 14, 2010

Mission to buy only handmade items for 2010

I have decided to support my fellow artists by only buying handmade items for the gifts that I buy in 2010. I will also be making some of the gifts myself since I make stained glass and fused glass items. I actually started this mission in January of this year, but I just recently began thinking that I would write a blog about it. I thought that maybe other people would enjoy seeing the wonderful unique items that I've found or made.

Buying handmade items may cost more, but I've found that it's definitely more satisfying than just going to your local big box store. These items are special and different and you know the person that receives your present won't already have it. I also think that making some of the gifts myself will offset the additional cost of what I purchase.

I'm very excited about this new endeavor and I hope you'll come along on this journey with me.

1 comment:

  1. I've been working really hard at this myself. My niece got several pairs of earrings and a wood-burned pendant for her birthday. She was so happy to have totally unique things and tells me every time she wears them. And, I love that I supported fellow crafters!

    ReplyDelete