Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gifts for my Dad's Birthday




I thought it would be hard to find a handmade gift for my Dad's birthday. Usually I end up getting him a gift card to Fleet Farm. Fleet Farm = "The Man's Mall". I happened to be looking through some treasuries on Etsy.com and saw a guitar shapped cutting board. The cutting board caught my eye because my husband is really into music and plays the guitar. So I clicked on the guitar cutting board and saw a bunch of handmade wood items.

My dad likes working with wood. He can make just about anything out of wood. For me.... he's made a bookcase, changing table, shelves specifically to hold my glass sheets, stands to hold my 3-d stained glass birds and a bunch of other things. So when I saw the clock and coasters I thought that they were perfect for him.

I didn't want to buy something that he could easily make himself. These items were great because of all the different types of wood. I bought the clock and coasters a little too close to his birthday. So they didn't come in time for his party, but I did show him a picture of what was coming. When they did arrive it was really fun watching him open the package. The clock now hangs above his desk and the coasters are in the living room for all his beverage needs.

To tell the truth about why I didn't purchase his gift earlier was because I wasn't going to include the "boy" gifts in this mission. I didn't think I could find handmade gifts for boys, but I was proven wrong. So I'm very excited about continuing on this journey for everything handmade.

To find your own unique wood gifts go to Taunton On Green.


Picture of the Clock hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment