Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Smashing Glass!!!

Today I put on my safety glasses and smashed the crap out of some glass. It was very therapeutic. I used my very cool Frit Smasher. Frit are small pieces or chunks of glass that can be used for fusing glass. Once I was done smashing I sifted the glass through some buckets with different sized screens in them. Then I poured the different sized frit into little individual jars. I was able to get 4 different sizes of frit for each color.


This is the frit smasher and 3 colors of frit.


Here is my glass ready for fusing.

This piece consists of a clear glass circle with 3 different colors of frit on top. I'm using a fusing schedule so that some of the texture remains. This piece is in the kiln now. Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the piece fused. Then back in the kiln for a slumping schedule so that it takes the shape of a bowl.

You know, looking at this picture now it kind of reminds me of pizza. Does anyone else see that?

Stay tuned for the upcoming pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment