Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Father's Day

I had an idea to make a couple of shirts for my Dad for Father's Day. So I decided to buy a handmade Father's Day card to keep with my handmade mission. Plus, I thought it was a great looking card at a reasonable price.

Of course I wrote a personal message on the inside. But since the card had a white paper insert the recipient could take that out and replace it and use the card again.


Here's my Dad holding up the front. He is a BIG Mac/Apple person. We've had a string of Apple Computers: Apple IIC, Apple IIGS, Macintosh Performa, iMacs. My parents also have an iPod Touch so I thought the shirt was fitting for him.


The t-shirt was made with a special heat set vinyl. My husband runs a vinyl decal business. So we cut the vinyl out as we usually do then used a heat press to secure it to the t-shirt.
Voila! A brand new handmade custom t-shirt.

If you know my Dad you'd know that the message on the back is completely and absolutely true.

Thanks for being such an awesome Dad! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment