Thursday, June 10, 2010

Smashed Glass Update.


Fusing of the Frit Bowl is complete!
Now on to the slumping.



Here is a closer view of the texture.



This is the mold I'll be using to get the glass to take on a bowl shape.



Glass and mold ready to go back into the kiln.


Took the same concept and made some pendants. I did change the technique a little. I used a different schedule so the pendants would be fully fused and smooth.



I used a white piece of glass as the base, 3 colors of frit in the middle and a clear piece of glass for the top.



This picture shows the nice smooth texture of this pendant. In the future, I might make some pendants that have the same texture as the bowl.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's just pretty cool! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally awesome! Love it-
    I've always been fascinated with glass slumping, am following you now,
    check out my glass work if you get a chance-
    http://luluvillage-art.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete